Sabel’s full service scrap division operates from two locations in the central Alabama region — Sabel Steel Service headquartered on North Court Street in Montgomery and as Montgomery Iron & Metal Company (MIMCO) on Day Street in Montgomery.
The following is a partial listing of services:
- Purchasing — We purchase any amount of scrap metal, from both individuals and large industries. Our prices reflect the market every day. Our scales are bonded and certified.
- Processing — Sabel processes the full range of ferrous and non-ferrous metals, including copper, brass, stainless and aluminum. With our 500-ton and 800-ton shears and our baling press, we prepare metal scrap to mill specifications.
- Selling — Sabel Scrap Division sells the majority of its scrap metal to mini and integrated mills. To more specialize manufacturing groups, we sell bundled aluminum, tool steel, brass, copper, stainless and other alloys.
- Transporting — Sabel owns its own fleet of trucks, and is located at the railyard in Montgomery, which makes trucking or railroad shipping expedient. Overseas shipments are made from the Port of Mobile.
- Industrial Clean up — Following demolition, renovation or other situations involving the accumulation of unwanted scrap, Sabel will pay market rates and clear it away swiftly.
- On-site Trailers/Pans — We provide the containers and haul them away when full.